Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Piece of Paper

I originally wanted to make something with the sheet of paper but then i realized I should just do something on the sheet. So I kind of put it off until the weekend. Then after hanging out with one of my friends on friday night, he died in a motorcycle accident later in the night. So then I knew I wanted to do something for this project that includes him. So after going to his funeral on Monday and listening to his sister talk about him I knew exactly what to do. She said as she was going through his journal the night before she came across a quote that she really wanted to share. That quote was, "Our experiences always change us, but how we interpret those changes always leads us." I thought this really tied in with some of our other talks about how we learn and how we become who we are. So for this project I wrote that quote on the sheet of paper and then put it in my wallet. I now can carry his words with me wherever I go and can also live by those words.

No comments: