Monday, June 9, 2008

Photo Safari




For this project I went to the most familiar place to me, the canal. I really wanted to capture the environment of the canal and all the things that make it an attraction. So I first started looking at the design of the canal that makes it special. One of my favorite things is the design of the bricks on the sidewalk. So I took an image of the circular design to show the flow of the bricks. I also took a picture of the brooks on the side wall. This shows the lines and direction of the canal, which also incapsulates the flow of the canal. Then I wanted to take a picture that shows the feeling you get while on the canal. So what better to show than the breeze and sun. The plant blowing in the wind was perfect for this. Lastly I wanted to show the activities that you can do on the canal and how much fun those activities can be. The bikes ride along the canal also showing another instance of the flow of the canal. Then I took a picture of the kayaks. This image shows exactly what the canal is all about. People getting outside and enjoying the weather at a very nice attraction, the canal.

No comments: